Shadow War Domestically

A federal lawsuit filed on Friday includes names of 16 individuals involved in alleged conspiracy to conceal the identities of the victims of U.S. citizens who were murdered by U.S. military contractors (known as "enhanced interrogation tactics") during a 2010 "Shadow War" during which the Pentagon used the techniques to torture Iraqis and Afghan fighters for years.

The plaintiffs, including the plaintiffs' lawyer, said the government is using the documents to deny plaintiffs their right to due process and the government's right to protect themselves.

They also claimed the military "is violating the Sixth Amendment" because the documents are so sensitive that the defendants had violated them.

Defense lawyers said they expect a class-action lawsuit to take place before the U.S. Supreme Court. The lawsuit, they said, could bring down the Pentagon as well as a federal judge.

Defense attorneys have previously alleged that President Barack Obama may have been under "stress" by withholding information from the plaintiffs as they seek damages against the government.

The lawsuit was filed in federal court last month, along with three other class-action lawsuits filed by plaintiffs' attorney in 2010 as evidence of the administration's role in the secret "enhanced interrogation tactics" to secure prisoner information.

The plaintiffs are among a smaller group of men, primarily black and other minority-based individuals, who have been fighting in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere to protect civilians during and after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Last month, a federal judge in Colorado denied the plaintiffs' request for an injunction in response to the government's request for documents.

The case is pending in federal court in Las Vegas.

Read or Share this story: http://avlne.ws/2hL2eF2